Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) is a national centre of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai. The broad goals of the centre are to promote equity and excellence in science and mathematics education from primary school to undergraduate college level. It is India’s nodal centre for Olympiad programmes in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Astronomy, and Junior Science.
Applications are invited from teachers and educators for Olympiad Exposure Camps in Physics which will be organised at HBCSE. The camp is not intended for students and they need not apply.
The primary objective of the camp is to spread awareness about the national and international Olympiad programme in Physics. An orientation towards the academic and organisational aspects of the Physics Olympiad will be provided. The camp also serves as a platform for productive interaction within the teacher community. The camp will also have a focus on Physics Education Research.
Olympiad Exposure Camp in Physics will be an in-person camp held entirely at HBCSE, Mumbai, during 16 to 20 January 2023. The camp will consist of a number of lecture and tutorial sessions on the theoretical and experimental components in the Physics Olympiad programme. There will be a special focus on improving the teaching methods and use of demonstrations in a class. Eminent scientists/speakers will interact with participants on various interesting topics, giving them a flavour of Physics Olympiad activity.
Dates and Venue:
- 16 to 20 January 2023 at HBCSE, Mumbai.
Travel and Accommodation:
Participants will be reimbursed to and fro travel fare as per their entitlement (maximum II-AC train fare). Food and accommodation at HBCSE will be provided for all participants.
Who can apply?
- Educators from different sectors, i.e., university/college teachers of physics, high school/secondary science teachers with background in physics/mathematics, personnel from scientific institutions, staff of science museums are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants below age of 23 years will not be considered.
- It is preferred that the participants have a background in Physics and/or Mathematics.
- Previous participants of Physics Olympiad Exposure Camp will not be considered again.
- Previous participants of Olympiad Exposure Camps in other subjects may be considered subject to availability of seats.
- Click here to fill out the online application form.
- Last date of application: 16 October 2022.
- Intimation regarding selection will be put on the HBCSE website by 31 October 2022.
- Selected participants will also be invited through an official letter sent over email.
- Any queries regarding the camp can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org