Please note that the camp has been postponed and the new dates are: 21 to 24 November 2022
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) is a national centre of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai. The broad goals of the centre are to promote equity and excellence in science and mathematics education from primary school to undergraduate college level. It is India’s nodal centre for Olympiad programmes in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Astronomy, and Junior Science.
Applications are invited from teachers and educators for Olympiad Exposure Camps in Astronomy which will be organised at HBCSE. The camp is not intended for students and they need not apply.
The primary objective of the camp is to spread awareness about the national and international Olympiad programme in Astronomy. An orientation towards the academic and organisational aspects of the Astronomy Olympiad will be provided. The camp also serves as a platform for productive interaction within the teacher community.
Olympiad Exposure Camp in Astronomy will be an in-person camp held entirely at HBCSE, Mumbai, during 21 to 24 November 2022. The camp will consist of multiple lecture and tutorial sessions, educational visits, night sky observation and telescope handling sessions. Typical topics covered will be celestial mechanics, optics, positional astronomy, stellar physics etc.
Dates and Venue:
- 21 to 24 November 2022 at HBCSE, Mumbai.
Travel and Accommodation:
Participants will be reimbursed to and fro travel fare as per their entitlement (maximum II-AC train fare). Food and accommodation at HBCSE will be provided for all participants.
Who can apply?
- University/college teachers of physics or astronomy
- High school science teachers (with background in physics/mathematics)
- Astronomy outreach personnel from scientific institutions, staff of planetaria and science museums as well as active amateur astronomers
- Students and applicants below the age of 23 years will not be considered.
- It is preferred that the participants have a background in Physics and/or Mathematics.
- Previous participants of Astronomy Olympiad Exposure Camps will not be considered again. Previous participants of Olympiad Exposure Camps in other subjects may be considered subject to availability of seats.
- Click here to fill the online application form.
- Last date of application: 30 September 2022.
- Intimation regarding selection will be put on the HBCSE website by 07 October 2022.
- Selected participants will also be invited through an official letter sent over email.
- Any queries regarding the camp can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org