02 – 06 December 2019
Introduction: Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) is a national centre of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai. The broad goals of the centre are to promote equity and excellence in science and mathematics education from primary school to undergraduate college level. It is India’s nodal centre for Olympiad programmes in Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Junior Science, Mathematics, and Physics.
Camp Objective: The primary objective of this camp is to spread awareness about the national Olympiad programme, in particular, the Physics Olympiad. An orientation towards the academic and organizational aspects of the Physics Olympiad will be provided. The camp will also have a focus on Physics Education Research.
Camp Structure: The camp will consist of a number of lecture and tutorial sessions on the theoretical and experimental components in the Physics Olympiad programme. There will be a special focus on improving the teaching methods and use of demonstrations in a class. Eminent scientists/speakers will interact with participants on various interesting topics, giving them a flavour of Physics Olympiad activity.
Travel and Accommodation:
Participants will be reimbursed to and fro travel fare as per their entitlement (maximum II-AC). Food and accommodation in the HBCSE Guest House will be provided for all participants.
Who can apply?
- Educators from different sectors, i.e., university/college teachers of physics, high school/secondary science teachers with background in physics/mathematics, personnel from scientific institutions, staff of science museums are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants below age of 23 years will not be considered.
- It is preferred that the participants have a background in Physics and/or Mathematics.
- Previous participants of Physics Olympiad Exposure Camp will not be considered again.
- Previous participants of Olympiad Exposure Camps in other subjects may be considered subject to availability of seats.
How to Apply?
- Click here to fill the online application form.
- Last date of application has been extended to : 06 October 2019.
- Intimation regarding selection will be put on the HBCSE website by 9 October 2019 @05:00 PM. (Click here to view the list of selected teachers)
- Selected teachers will also be invited through an official letter sent over email.