Eligibility criteria for Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Mathematics (IOQM), 2022 – 2023
- Students born between August 1, 2003 and January 1, 2010, and studying in Class VIII,
IX, X, XI or XII, are eligible to write IOQM. Please note that NO student born after
January 1, 2010 will be allowed to write IOQM.
- Students satisfying criterion 1 above and studying in Kendriya Vidyalayas (KV) and Jawahar
Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNV) are ELIGIBLE to write IOQM. There will be NO separate
IOQM for students of Kendriya Vidyalayas (KV) and Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNV).
- The INMO 2022 Awardees are eligible to write INMO 2023 WITHOUT qualifying through
IOQM provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria of IMO 2023 and EGMO 2024.
- The students must be eligible to hold Indian passport. Provisionally, students with OCI
cards are eligible to write the IOQM subject to conditions as explained below:
As per the orders of the Madras High Court, students with OCI status will not
be eligible for selection to the Indian team in the International Mathematical
Olympiad. However, such students are provisionally eligible for selection at
ALL prior stages, up to and including the IMOTC provided they fulfill all other
criteria. They are also provisionally eligible to write the selection tests at the
IMOTC. This policy is subject to revision without prior notice depending on any
further orders issued by the courts, or by a competent Government authority.
- The student must be residing and studying in India since 30 October 2020 or earlier
must be studying in an Indian school system since 30 October 2020 or earlier.
- The student must not have completed (or scheduled to complete) class 12 board examination
earlier than 30 October, 2022.
- The student must not have commenced (or planning to commence) studies in a university or
equivalent institution by 1 June, 2023.
- It will be the responsibility of the student to ensure that the above eligibility criteria are
satisfied. In case it is found at any later stage of the programme that a student does not
meet the eligibility criteria, he or she may be disqualified from the programme.
Criteria for qualification from IOQM to INMO
- The list of students qualified for the INMO 2023 will be prepared according to the following
(a) Top 600 in IOQM merit list will qualify for INMO regardless of regional quota. In this
i. the number of class XII students will be 100.
ii. the number of class VIII, IX, X, XI students will be 500.
(b) From each region (including KV and JNV), a minimum of
i. 25 students (class XI or below category)
ii. 5 students (class XII category)
iii. 3 girl students from class XI or below category irrespective of the number of girl
students qualifying in 1.(b).i. above
will qualify for INMO regardless of the scores provided each qualifying candidate has a
score above a minimum cut-off score of 30% of the total marks of the IOQM paper.
(c) No girl student of class XII will be selected under girls’ quota. A girl student
of class XII can qualify for INMO from IOQM if, and only if, she is selected among the
top 100 students in the class XII category mentioned in 1(a)i.
- A maximum of 6 students (provided each qualifying candidate has a score above a minimum
cut-off score of 30% of the total marks of the IOQM paper.) will be selected from the
category of students residing abroad and studying in an Indian school system different from
Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV). Among these 6 students, no more than 1 student will be from
class XII category and no more than 5 students will be from class XI or below
category. There is no separate girls’ quota for this category of students.
IOQM Certificate criterion
Any student who scores at least 20% of the total marks of the IOQM paper will receive a certificate.